Seljuk Turks and Ottoman Empire represents an impressive longevity, on an immense territory (stretching from Anatolia to Tunisia), which led naturally to a vital and distinctive art, including plentiful architecture, mass production of ceramics (most notably Iznik ware), an important jeweler’s art, Turkish paper marbling Ebru, Turkish carpets as well as tapestries and an exceptional art of manuscript illumination, with multiple influences..
BASIC THEMES FOR TURKISH-ISLAMIC ART TOURS
* ANATOLIA ON THE TRACK OF THE BEYLICS AND OTTOMAN ART
* OTTOMAN CAPITALS (IZNIK-BURSA-EDIRNE-ISTANBUL) STEP BY STEP
* CARAVANSERAIS AND HOSTELRIES (HAN) ALONG THE SILK ROAD
* ISTANBUL ON THE TRACK OF TURKISH-ISLAMIC ART
* CENTRAL ANATOLIA ON THE TRACK OF TURKISH-ISLAMIC ART
* ARTUKLU MASTERPIECES AT SOUTH EAST ANATOLIA
PLEASE NOTE: The above tour titles are limited with Turkey. We may combine the theme also with Eastern European and Middle East destinations..
DESIGN YOUR OWN TRIP AS YOU WISH
PLEASE KINDLY VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINKS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
>> About the Turkish-Islamic Art
>> Unesco World Heritage Sites in Turkey
>> About the Istanbul Museum of Turkish-Islamic Arts
>> Islamic Art in the Mediterranean